Pray without ceasing. 1 Thessalonians 5:17
I’ve shared a number of prayer quotes with you in the last few weeks, however today have a few more for you:
- “As is the business of tailors to make clothes and cobblers to make shoes, so it is the business of Christians to pray.” Martin Luther
- “Therefore, whether the desire for prayer is on you or not, get to your closet at the set time; shut yourself in with God; wait upon Him; seek His face; realize Him; pray.” R. F. Horton
- “Prayer does not fit us for the greater work; prayer is the greater work.” Oswald Chambers.
- “The man who mobilizes the Christian church to pray will make the greatest contribution to world evangelization in history.” Andrew Murray
- “Satan does not care how many people read about prayer if only he can keep them from praying. Paul E. Billheimer
- “If I could hear Christ praying for me in the next room, I would not fear a million enemies. Yet distance makes no difference. He is praying for me.” Robert Murray McCheyne
- · “Where there is no vision of eternity, there is no prayer for the perishing.” David Smithers
- “There is no other activity in life so important as that of prayer. Every other activity depends upon prayer for its best efficiency.” M.E. Andross
- “If the Christian does not allow prayer to drive sin out of his life, sin will drive prayer out of his life. Like light and darkness, the two cannot dwell together.” M.E. Andross
- “Prayer breaks all bars, dissolves all chains, opens all prisons, and widens all straits by which God’s saints have been held.” E. M. Bounds
So why have been passing on all these quotes about prayer? Well, I think I’ve said to you before, but I make no apologies for saying again, that prayer must be at the centre of your Christian life. Without prayer, we cannot be living as Christ wants and needs us to.
Pray now. Prayer later. Pray always.