At the start of this year, I shared with you my aims for this year (Welcome to 2012) – not my new year resolutions, but what I aim to achieve this year. Then at the end of each month I’ve given you my monthly update on how I’m doing. So now it’s time for my June update:
- Eat healthier
- Much better month again, as back to eating nice healthy foods at work again and drinking loads of water. Huge improvement on last month!
- Lose some weight
- Yay! I’ve lost the few pounds I put on last month again, plus a wee bit extra.
- Spend more time reading my bible
- A little bit of an improvement in this last month, although could still do so much better.
- It’s been a tough few weeks for various reasons, so I must admit that I’ve found it difficult to even want to read my bible!
- Don’t let pain rule my life
- These last couple of weeks have been some of the worst I’ve had for a while, but I’ve managed to keep going and haven’t allowed pain to rule me.
- All the same it’s been very difficult even moving in the last couple of weeks, so it really has been very hard to keep going.
- Get back to playing tennisas stopped playing in 2003 when I first wasn’t well
- Not managed this yet this last month as life’s just been a bit too tough to bother about tennis
- Also as my pain levels were so high it really would have been daft to even think about attempting to try to play tennis while in so much pain.
- Put aside a minimum of 5 minutes each day to spend some quiet-time with God
- Yes, I’ve managed to spend a minimum of 5 minutes each day in quiet time with God
- However, on many occasions my quiet time with God has ended up being crying time, which if I’m honest has been more me feeling sorry for myself than me giving it all to God.
- Get back to playing the piano regularly as it’s been a while
- Continuing not to make any progress with this one!
- Go on holiday – we’ve not been away anywhere since 2002
- Again, no progress on this one yet!
- Keep on top of the housework (especially the ironing mountain!)
- I’m afraid I’m failing miserably at this one again.
- As I’ve said, it’s been a tough few weeks physically and emotionally and that just means I put things like housework on the back burner.
- More patience and understanding of others
- I definitely still need to be more patient, although I feel I have made a little progress so far.
- More prayer for patience is still required!
- Stop procrastinating
- Doing ok with this one still.
So that’s my honest answers to how I’m getting on with my aims for 2012 – To summarise my progress to date…it’s continuing to go OK, as in general, I’m still heading in the right direction with most of my aims. However there are still some which I haven’t made any progress with to-date, so there’s still room for improvement in the coming months.
How about you, are you succeeding with your aims for 2012 so far?
Whatever your aims for this year, I pray you may be making progress in your aims for 2012, and that come the end of the year you will have achieved all God had planned for you this year!