I was born and brought up in Glasgow, Scotland – hence the above video showing some images of “the old Glasgow”.
I’m married, and have been since 1994. We don’t have any children but we have one big fat ginger cat called Tigger. We’ve had Tigger since he was 6 weeks old (he was a wedding present from friends - we picked Tigger up on our 1st wedding anniversary).
I’m a Christian and have attended the Salvation Army all my life – originally at Rutherglen, however in 2002 I transferred to Bellshill Salvation Army. I play trombone in Bellshill Salvation Army Band and I also am the webmaster of the band’s website (www.bsab.co.uk).
As I have already mentioned I play trombone, but that’s not the only musical instrument I play! I also play the piano…and have done since I was seven! For a number of years I also played the clarinet, however it’s been quite a few years since I last attempted to play that now so I don’t think I can honestly still say I play clarinet any more
Some of my main interests include:
- Music – playing and listening too
- Football – I’m a big Rangers fan
- Tennis – I love playing tennis (though I haven’t been able to do so for a few years)
- Technology – I’m an IT person by profession so I like to keep up to date with all the latest in technology
- Web Design – I enjoy looking after the Bellshill Salvation Army Band website and get some experience of web design