Last Saturday I asked you whether you had ever noticed how there are some things which happen in films which never ever happen in real life – today it’s time for some more examples!
Here’s a few examples which show what I’m saying:
- Once applied, lipstick will never ever come off
- During all police investigations it will be necessary to visit a strip club at least once
- Getaway cars never start first go…but the police cars always do
- Police cars will always slide to a dramatic stop in the midst of a crime scene
- Any police officer about to retire will probably die on their last day…especially if their family have planned a party!
- Police detectives never solve a case until they have been suspended from duty
- If staying in a haunted house, women will always investigate any strange noises wearing their most revealing nightwear
- You always know when there’s going to be a murder…the music tells you!
- When arranging to meet someone to tell them you know who the murderer is, you arrange to meet in a graveyard!
- If you are heavily outnumbered in a fight involving martial arts, your opponents will wait patiently to attack you one by one by dancing around you in a threatening manner until you have defeated their predecessor
Any of these sound familiar?
Obviously these are complete generalisations because not every film follows the above rules, but I’m sure you’ll agree, you can think of a lot which do!