At the start of this year, I shared with you my aims for this year (Welcome to 2012) – not my new year resolutions, but what I aim to achieve this year. Then at the End of January I gave you an update on how I was doing, so now that February is just about over, it’s time to review how I’m getting on so far, with my aims:
- Eat healthier
- Doing ok with this one, as I’m still eating healthier both at home and in the office – and yes I am still managing to eat between 3 and 5 bits of fruit a day just in the office
- Lose some weight
- Once again I was a bit apprehensive of checking my weight as I’ve simply been eating a bit healthier and getting a wee bit more exercise, rather than actually going on a diet as such. So I was pleasantly surprised when I weighted myself this morning to find I’ve lost 5 lbs!
- Spend more time reading my bible
- Much the same answer as last month as I am reading my bible more than I was last year, but I could definitely still do better.
- Don’t let pain rule my life
- On the whole February’s been a better month than January was, as managed to keep going every day – though some days were a struggle..
- Get back to playing tennis as stopped playing in 2003 when I first wasn’t well
- Still nowhere near ready to try to play tennis again yet, although I’m still going for about a half hour walk most days, so I’m happy with my progress with this one!
- Put aside a minimum of 5 minutes each day to spend some quiet-time with God
- Been managing this more in February than I did in January, but there’s still room for improvement
- Get back to playing the piano regularly as it’s been a while
- No progress on this one yet!
- Go on holiday – we’ve not been away anywhere since 2002
- Again, no progress on this one yet!
- Keep on top of the housework (especially the ironing mountain!)
- Definitely still not succeeding with this one,as too many other demands on me these days
- More patience and understanding of others
- Finding this very difficult and challenging…more prayer for patience required I think!
- Stop procrastinating
- More success on this one this last month than I did in January, but still lots of room for improvement
So there you go, there’s my honest answers to how I’m getting on with my aims for 2012 – I think if I had to summarise my progress to date, it would be, doing OK so far, but still room for much improvement.
How about you, are you succeeding with your aims for 2012 so far?
Whatever your aims for this year, I pray you may be making progress in your aims for 2012, and that come the end of the year you will have achieved all God had planned for you this year!