In Relationships #1, I indicated that during my wandering through the internet, I’d come across a lot of statements and quotes about relationships. So today I’d like to share some more of ones I particularly liked:
- Don’t wait for the right person to come into your life. Rather, be the right person to come to someone’s life.
- Just because one person doesn’t seem to care for you, doesn’t mean you should forget about everyone else who does.
- It is okay to be angry. It is never okay to be cruel.
- Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring – all of which have the potential to turn a life around.
- Choose your relationships wisely. It’s better to be alone than to be in bad company.
- Silence is often the loudest cry. Pay attention to those you care about.
- We don’t always need advice. Sometimes all we need is a hand to hold, an ear to listen, and a heart to understand.
- Good relationships don’t just happen; they take time, patience and two people who truly want to work to be together.
- When it comes to relationships, remaining faithful is never an option but a priority. Loyalty is everything.
- Don’t look for someone who will solve all your problems; look for someone who will face them with you.
My personal favourite is #4, as from experience, I know just how valuable a simple smile, kind word, listening ear, or small act of kindness can mean, when you are at your lowest point. So never under-estimate the power you have to make a huge difference in someone’s life.