Pray without ceasing.” 1 Thessalonians 5:17
In the last few days I’ve shared a number of prayer quotes with you, but what are quotes without belief?
Do you believe in the power of prayer?
Ido! I think if you ask any Christian they too will tell you that they believe in the power of prayer. Even although we believe in the power of prayer, it still doesn’t mean that we get the answer we want to all our prayers – what it does mean though, is that we believe God will answer all our prayers in the way He sees fit.
Believe in prayer because God does answer them!
Here are a few more prayer quotes I hope you enjoy:
- “You can do more than pray after you have prayed; but you can never do more than pray until you have prayed.” A.J. Gordon
- “The most important thing a born again Christian can do is to pray.” Chuck Smith
- “You may as soon find a living man that does not breath, as a living Christian that does not pray.” Matthew Henry
- “Four things let us ever keep in mind: God hears prayer, God heeds prayer, God answers prayer, and God delivers by prayer.” E. M. Bounds
- The great people of the earth today are the people who pray!
- “The main lesson about prayer is just this: Do it! Do it! Do it! You want to be taught to pray. My answer is pray and never faint, and then you shall never fail…” John Laidlaw
- “The one concern of the devil is to keep Christians from praying. He fears nothing from prayerless studies, prayerless work and prayerless religion. He laughs at our toil, mocks at our wisdom, but he trembles when we pray.” Samuel Chadwick
- “Men may spurn our appeals, reject our message, oppose our arguments, despise our persons, but they are helpless against our prayers.” Sidlow Baxter
- “Don’t pray when you feel like it. Have an appointment with the Lord and keep it. A man is powerful on his knees.” Corrie ten Boom
- “All great soul-winners have been men of much and mighty prayer, and all great revivals have been preceded and carried out by persevering, prevailing knee-work in the closet.” Samuel Logan Brengle