Now that Christmas is past and many folk are back at work, I’d like you to review your Christmas.
For each of the following rate it between 0 and 5, 0 being the lowest score and 5 being the best score:
- How much did you enjoy Christmas Day?
- Did you like your Christmas presents?
- Did you get the presents you wanted?
- Was your Christmas centered around celebrating Christ‘s birth?
- Were you able to spend Christmas with the people you love?
- Was this the best Christmas you’ve ever had?
- How many things about your Christmas Day would you have changed?
I don’t want to know how you scored each of these questions, I simply wanted to get you thinking about how you spent your Christmas: your thoughts and feelings, the people you were with, and your focus for the day.
For me some of my questions scored the highest points while others the lowest. So for me some things about my Christmas, such as the presents I received, were excellent, while some of the other things, such as the health and availability of some of my immediate family meant this Christmas wasn’t quite what we may have hoped for.
Having said that, I am thankful for the family I have, and the love and support we share with one another throughout the year.
I can also say with assurance that for me, Christ was most definitely part of my Christmas celebrations.
I hope you had a great Christmas with those you love and that you found time to celebrate the reason for the season…the birth of Jesus.