Pray without ceasing. 1 Thessalonians 5:17
I’ve shared a number of prayer quotes with you in the past, so today I have a few more for you:
- If I fail to spend two hours in prayer each morning, the devil gets the victory through the day. I have so much business I cannot get on without spending three hours daily in prayer. ~ Martin Luther
- If you want that splendid power in prayer, you must remain in loving, living, lasting, conscious, practical, abiding union with the Lord Jesus Christ. ~ C. H. Spurgeon
- The true church lives and moves and has its being in prayer. ~ Leonard Ravenhill
- If the spiritual life be healthy, under the full power of the Holy Spirit, praying without ceasing will be natural. ~ Andrew Murray
- Little praying is a kind of make believe, a salve for the conscience, a farce and a delusion. ~ E. M. Bounds
- Those persons who know the deep peace of God, the unfathomable peace that passeth all understanding, are always men and women of much prayer. ~ R. A. Torrey
- I would rather teach one man to pray than ten men to preach. ~ Charles Spurgeon
- Talking to men for God is a great thing, but talking to God for men is greater still. ~ E.M. Bounds
- Prayer is the first thing, the second thing, the third thing necessary to a minister. Pray, then my dear brother; pray, pray, pray. ~ Edward Payson
- Beware in your prayers, above everything else, of limiting God, not only by unbelief, but by fancying that you know what He can do. Expect unexpected things ‘above all that we ask or think. ~ Andrew Murray
So why have I been passing on all these quotes about prayer? Well, I think I’ve said to you before, but I make no apology for saying again, that prayer must be at the centre of your Christian life. Without prayer, we cannot be living as Christ wants and needs us to.
Pray now. Pray later. Pray always.