Do you regularly attend a church?
Are you inspired by the services when you attend?
If you don’t feel inspired by the worship at your church, have you wondered why?
- Do you go out of habit not expecting to be challenged or inspired?
- Do you go feeling there’s no way anything anyone says or does can possibly challenge you?
- Do you go ready to be challenged, but find nothing in the service relates to you?
- Are others in at the service challenged and inspired by the worship?
Depending on your answers to those questions, it sounds like there may be two possible solutions to why you get nothing from attending church:
- Maybe you need to be open and receptive to God’s message when you go to church.
- Maybe you should try attending a different church to see if you are more receptive to their way of worship.
- Suggest changes to the format of worship at your church, so that you and others can find the inspiration and challenge you are all looking for.
- Pray for your church; Pray for your church leadership team; Pray!
However and wherever you worship, the main thing must always be that you focus on God and make Him the centre of worship. So do what you need to do to make sure He remains at the centre of your worship.