I recently received a brochure through the post. It was a brightly coloured glossy brochure. It looked good and the thick quality paper made me want to look inside. So I did…
Well what I found inside was not what I expected
- The first couple of pages were fine.
- After page 2 was pages 19 to 34 inclusive.
- Then another set of pages 19 up to 50 this time – pages 19 to 34 are the same as the previous pages 19 to 34.
- Another set of pages 35 to 50 then followed again.
- Finishing with pages 67 and 68.
The magazine looked great, it looked the part on the outside, but when you looked inside, it was a mess. So it wasn’t such a great looking brochure after all. i.e. What I saw from the outside of the brochure did not represent how the brochure was inside.
That’s so like many who say they are Christians, and attend church, isn’t it? On the outside they appear to be saying and doing all the things you’d expect of a Christian, but when they are outside of church, or you get to know them better, you can realise quite quickly they are not the true Christian you thought they were.
I pray that my outer self may reflect the inner me, and show that Jesus it at the centre of all I do.