In Relationships #1, #2, #3, #4, #5 and #6 I indicated that during my wanderings through the internet, I’d come across a lot of statements and quotes about relationships. So it time to share some more of my favourites:
- Relationship is an art. The dream that two people create is more difficult to master than one. ~Don Miguel Ruiz
- Someone to tell it to is one of the fundamental needs of human beings. ~Miles Franklin
- Having someone wonder where you are when you don’t come home at night is a very old human need. ~Margaret Mead
- Assumptions are the termites of relationships. ~Henry Winkler
- Shared joy is a double joy; shared sorrow is half a sorrow. ~Swedish proverb
- Trouble is part of your life, and if you don’t share it, you don’t give the person who loves you enough chance to love you enough. ~Dinah Shore
- Remember, we all stumble, every one of us. That’s why it’s a comfort to go hand in hand. ~Emily Kimbrough
- There are days when you need someone who just wants to be your sunshine and not the air you breathe. ~Robert Brault
- Sometimes it is the person closest to us who must travel the furthest distance to be our friend. ~Robert Brault
- Never give up on someone you can’t go a day without thinking about. ~Author unknown
My personal favourite is #8, because it’s a great reminder to us all that we all suffer trouble in our lives at some time, and when we do, we must try and help ourselves by sharing our troubles with those who love us as if they truly love us, they will give us the love and support we need.
I hope that whenever you suffer times of troubles, you have someone who loves you enough to share you troubles with them.