At the start of this year, I shared with you my aims for this year (Welcome to 2012) – not my new year resolutions, but what I aim to achieve this year. So now that January is over I thought it time to review how I’m getting on (or not!) with my aims, so here goes:
- Eat healthier
- Lose some weight
- I was a bit apprehensive of checking my weight as I’ve not really been on a diet, but simply eating a bit healthier and getting a wee bit more exercise. So I was pleasantly surprised when I weighted myself this morning to find I’ve lost 5 lbs!
- Spend more time reading my bible
- Have been reading my bible more than I had been, but I definitely could still do better!
- Don’t let pain rule my life
- This has been a struggle quite a few times, but I’ve only given into it twice…and that was at during a weekend, so all in all I’m happy with that.
- Get back to playing tennis as stopped playing in 2003 when I first wasn’t well
- Nowhere near ready to try to play tennis again yet, although I have been getting a bit more exercise every day, as I’ve been for about a half hour walk almost every day this year so far, so again, I’m happy with my progress with this one!
- Put aside a minimum of 5 minutes each day to spend some quiet-time with God
- I’ve managed this some days, but could definitely do better
- Get back to playing the piano regularly as it’s been a while
- My first complete failure so far as not been anywhere near a piano this year…yet
- Go on holiday – we’ve not been away anywhere since 2002
- Another failure. Although it’s a bit early in the year to say I’ve failed at this one, especially as this relies on how my husband’s health is as well as my own
- Keep on top of the housework (especially the ironing mountain!)
- More patience and understanding of others
- I’m trying my best, though it’s still a huge struggle sometimes…more prayer for patience required I think!
- Stop procrastinating
- Didn’t start off the year very well with this one, although I think there’s been a small improvement in the last week or so
So there you go, there’s my honest answers to how I’m getting on with my aims for 2012 – I think if I had to summarise my progress to date, it would be, doing OK so far, but still room for much improvement.
How about you, are you succeeding with your aims for 2012 so far?
Whatever your aims for this year, I pray you may be making progress in your aims for 2012, and that come the end of the year you will have achieved all God had planned for you this year!