Welcome to 2012! I hope it’s a guid’un for you and yours.
Personally I’m quite pleased to see the back of 2011, as it wasn’t the best year for me or my family.
So what about 2012, what am I hoping to achieve this year?
I say “what am I hoping to achieve this year” rather than what are my resolutions” because personally I think whenever we use the phrase “new year’s resolutions“, they are doomed to failure before we’ve even finished making them up!
As 2011 wasn’t the best year for me, some of my aims for this new year will hopefully help me to make this year a better one for me and my family. So here’s my list of aims for 2012, in no particular order:
- Eat healthier
- Lose some weight
- Spend more time reading my bible
- Don’t let pain rule my life
- Get back to playing tennis as stopped playing in 2003 when I first wasn’t well
- Put aside a minimum of 5 minutes each day to spend some quiet-time with God
- Get back to playing the piano regularly as it’s been a while
- Go on holiday – we’ve not been away anywhere since 2002
- Keep on top of the housework (especially the ironing mountain!)
- More patience and understanding of others
- Stop procrastinating
Come the end od 2012, I wonder how many of these aims I’ll be able to say, “yes I’ve achieved this”, only the next 364 days will tell!
Whatever your aims for 2012, or your new year’s resolutions, I pray your year may be one in which you experience God’s love for you and your friends and family, whatever 2012 may hold for you.
Have a great 2012! God bless.