At the start of this year, I shared with you my aims for this year (Welcome to 2012) – not my new year resolutions, but what I aim to achieve this year. Since then, at the end of each month this year, I’ve given you an update on how I’m doing. So here’s my update for November…
- Eat healthier
- Done ok with this ones I’m managing to continue to eat reasonably healthily while I’ve been at work, and not too bad when at home.
- Hope in the next few weeks, before we get right into the Christmas season, that I can continue to each healthier, so that with all the eating that usually goes on at Christmas I don’t put on too much weight!
- Lose some weight
- Failed completely this month as I’ve put on a pound! Really not sure how I’ve managed that as I thought I’d been doing reasonably well this last month
- Spend more time reading my bible
- A bit better this month as have actually managed to spend some time reading my bible
- Although I’ve managed to read my bible this last month, I’m still struggling to find the time and energy to do this.
- I’ve said this for the last few months, but maybe next month I’ll manage it!
- Don’t let pain rule my life
- Bit of a better month as far as pain levels are concerned, as although I continued to have daily pain, most days it’s not been quite as severe as in previous months.
- Get back to playing tennis as stopped playing in 2003 when I first wasn’t well
- Not managed this yet and given this is now the end of November and although my tennis club is open year round, there’s less people playing these days, so I’m guessing I’ll probably get right through this year without getting back to playing tennis…but you never know as there’s still another month to go!
- Put aside a minimum of 5 minutes each day to spend some quiet-time with God
- Managed to spend more “quiet-time” with God in this last month.
- Due to family bereavements during th month and some family health issues again, there were a few occasions again where my quiet time with God ended up being my crying-time with God!
- Get back to playing the piano regularly as it’s been a while
- Although I haven’t actually played the piano again yet, steps have been taken to change this!
- I’m afraid though I’m not going to let you in on what that progress is yet…you’ll have to wait till my end of year review!
- Go on holiday – we’ve not been away anywhere since 2002
- Again, no progress with this.
- Keep on top of the housework (especially the ironing mountain!)
- I really do hate doing housework, and ironing is definitely my least favourite chore
- It’s should therefore be no surprise that I’m still failing miserably at this one.
- More patience and understanding of others
- Still finding this incredibly difficult!
- I really do need to continue to pray for patience.
- Stop procrastinating
- Most of the time I’m doing ok with this, but I’m sure like everyone else, I do have my moments!
So that’s my honest answers to how I’m getting on with my aims for 2012 – To summarise my progress to date…it’s stalled a bit in the last few months, but overall, given recent circumstances, I’m reasonably happy with my progress even though I could do so much better!
There’s only one month left in 2012, so I’ve not got much time left to achieve my aims, but I’m still hopefully still got time to achieve some more of them before the end of this year!
How about you, are you succeeding with your aims for 2012 so far?
Whatever your aims for this year, I pray you may be making progress in your aims for 2012, and that come the end of the year you will have achieved all God had planned for you this year!