At the start of this year, I shared with you my aims for this year (Welcome to 2012) – not my new year resolutions, but what I aim to achieve this year. Then at the end of both January and February, I gave you a monthly update on how I was doing. So now it’s time for my March update:
- Eat healthier
- As I was on a couple of courses at work during this last month, I didn’t manage to eat quite as healthily as previous months while at work
- Having said that, overall I still think I’m doing ok with this one, as I’m still eating healthier both at home and in the office, including eating lots more fruit that I used to!
- Lose some weight
- As I said against my previous aim, I was on a couple of courses at work during this last month, so didn’t manage to eat as healthily at work as I had been previously, so I thought it unlikely I would have lost any weight this month
- Much to my surprise though I found I had lost some more weight…not as much as previous months, but it was still another pound! So very happy to still be moving in the right direction
- Spend more time reading my bible
- Struggled a bit with this in this last month, mainly do to the amount of pre course work and homework we got on the training courses I attended at work in the last month.
- I know I should manage my time better to ensure I am still able to spend time reading my bible each day, but between homework and struggling physically quite a bit in this last month, it’s just not been possible
- Don’t let pain rule my life
- I’ve had quite a few days this last month where I’ve really struggled to cope with pain levels, however I’ve managed to keep going each day even although it was really difficult to find the physical and emotional energy to keep going at times…but I managed it!
- Get back to playing tennis as stopped playing in 2003 when I first wasn’t well
- Still managing to go for about a half hour walk most days (apart when on my two training courses), so I’m happy with my progress on this, and have noticed a difference in my stamina levels.
- This nice warm weather in the last few days has even got me feeling like I want to play tennis again which is good news
- My plan at present is to hopefully go and hit a ball around for no more than 15 minutes the first time, hopefully sometime in the next 2-3 weeks…I’ll let you know in my next update whether I manage this
- Put aside a minimum of 5 minutes each day to spend some quiet-time with God
- As with reading my bible more, I’ve not managed this much this last month. Agin this is mainly due to the amount of pre course work and homework I had to do for my two training course, as well as because I was struggling with pain levels
- Get back to playing the piano regularly as it’s been a while
- Still not managed this one!
- Go on holiday – we’ve not been away anywhere since 2002
- Again, no progress on this one yet!
- Keep on top of the housework (especially the ironing mountain!)
- Definitely not getting anywhere with this one either as still too many other demands on my time any my energy these days
- More patience and understanding of others
- Definitely one of my most challenging aims, but I am finding that when I’m getting impatience I am reminding myself not to become impatient…it’s definitely not working all the time, but has helped a little!
- More prayer for patience is still required I think!
- Stop procrastinating
- Managing a bit better with this one both in February and March, so definite progress being made
So there you go, there’s my honest answers to how I’m getting on with my aims for 2012 – To summarise my progress to date…it’s going OK so far, as I’m continuing in the right direction with a number of my aims. However there are still some which I haven’t made any progress on to-date, so there’s still room for improvement in the coming months.
How about you, are you succeeding with your aims for 2012 so far?
Whatever your aims for this year, I pray you may be making progress in your aims for 2012, and that come the end of the year you will have achieved all God had planned for you this year!