At the start of this year, I shared with you my aims for this year (Welcome to 2012) – not my new year resolutions, but what I aim to achieve this year. Then at the end of each month I’ve given you an update on how I’m doing.
So it’s now the end of August, which means it’s time for my next update…
- Eat healthier
- Fixed this last month. I’ve done fairly well when I’ve been working, but outside of work not so good.
- While at work I’ve just been in my usual routine of eating a lot of fruit and drinking a lot of water, whereas dinner’s been a bit of a problem, mainly because I’ve been going to visit Dad in hospital and have been having some quick or ready meals for dinner when I’ve got home from the hospital because I’m so tired by the time I get home.
- Lose some weight
- Probably just as well the bathroom scales don’t seem to be working, as I suspect I’ll have put on a few pounds again.
- As with the “eating healthier” task, it’s probably all down all the hospital visiting and quick ready meals I’ve been eating.
- Maybe once Dad gets out of hospital I can get back to some kind of normality, but who knows when that’s going to be!
- Spend more time reading my bible
- I’m making excuses again! But I’m struggling to find the time and energy to sit down and spend any quality time reading my bible.
- I said this last month, but maybe this next month I’ll manage it…I really need to organise myself better to read my bible at a point in the day before I become too tired…mind you some days I have no energy at the start of the day, nevermind by the end of it!
- Don’t let pain rule my life
- Still struggling quite a lot with pain levels this month and generally not feeling 100%.
- I feel as though I’m making excuses, but it’s not intended to be that way, simply a statement of fact…that with all the running around I’ve been doing for over 6 weeks now since Dad went into hospital, it’s hardly surprising I’ve not felt great.
- Mind you, it may have been a struggle physically as well as emotionally in this last month, but I’ve managed to keep going, much to my surprise at times.
- Get back to playing tennis as stopped playing in 2003 when I first wasn’t well
- Not managed this yet as there’s just been too many other more important things to bother about than playing tennis again.
- Also as my pain levels were still so high it really would have been daft to even think about attempting to try to play tennis.
- Put aside a minimum of 5 minutes each day to spend some quiet-time with God
- A repeat of last month again as I managed to spend some quiet time with God, however much of it was spent crying.
- Just like last month I’ve had to remind myself on a number of occasions that when things are bad, I need to turn to God rather than forget Him!
- Get back to playing the piano regularly as it’s been a while
- Continuing to make no progress with this one!
- Go on holiday – we’ve not been away anywhere since 2002
- Again, no progress on this one yet!
- Keep on top of the housework (especially the ironing mountain!)
- Still failing miserably at this one.
- More patience and understanding of others
- Failing miserably at this
- I’m continuing to pray a lot for patience because I certainly need it!
- Stop procrastinating
- At last a task I’m actually doing ok at!
- Mind you maybe that because I’ve had that many things to do, I’ve not really had any time to procrastinate!
So that’s my honest answers to how I’m getting on with my aims for 2012 – To summarise my progress to date…it’s stalled a bit in the last couple of months, but overall, given recent circumstances, I’m reasonably happy with my progress even though I could do much better!
There’s still plenty of months to go in 2012, so I’ve still got time to achieve them all before the end of this year!
How about you, are you succeeding with your aims for 2012 so far?
Whatever your aims for this year, I pray you may be making progress in your aims for 2012, and that come the end of the year you will have achieved all God had planned for you this year!