At the start of this year, I shared with you my aims for this year (Welcome to 2012) – not my new year resolutions, but what I aim to achieve this year. Then at the end of each month this year, I’ve given you an update on how I’m doing. So here’s my latest update for October…
- Eat healthier
- An improvement this month on the last couple of months, as not only have I’ve done reasonably ok with this one when I’ve been working, but also done not too badly the rest of the time too!
- Been drinking a lot of water at work, but haven’t managed to eat quite as much fruit in the last month.
- For some of this month I was still going to the hospital to visit Dad, so had to have a few quick/ready meals for dinner as I was so tired by the time I got home from the hospital.
- Fortunately Dad’s now out of hospital so for the last couple of weeks my eating has been much healthier at home!
- Lose some weight
- Small loss this month for the first time in a couple of months – it was only a pound, but at least I’m back to losing some weight again!
- Hopefully now I don’t have hospital visiting to do every day, I can get back on track with my healthy eating both at work and at home.
- Spend more time reading my bible
- Yet more excuses this month I’m afraid!
- I’m still struggling to find the time and energy to sit down and spend any quality time reading my bible.
- I’ve said this for the last few months, but maybe next month I’ll manage it!
- Don’t let pain rule my life
- My pain levels have continued to be quite high this month, but I’m still just trying to get on with things as best I can.
- Again I feel as though I’m making excuses, but I’m simply just saying how things are because of 12 weeks of hospital visiting I was doing while Dad was in hospital, and although he’s now out of hospital it’s taking me a while to try to get some energy back, soit’s hardly surprising my pain levels have remained high.
- Get back to playing tennis as stopped playing in 2003 when I first wasn’t well
- Not managed this yet as there’s been too many more important things to deal with in my life in this last month again.
- Put aside a minimum of 5 minutes each day to spend some quiet-time with God
- A repeat of last few months again as I managed to spend some quiet time with God, however still spending much of it crying.
- Get back to playing the piano regularly as it’s been a while
- Continuing to make no progress with this one!
- Go on holiday – we’ve not been away anywhere since 2002
- Again, no progress on this one!
- Keep on top of the housework (especially the ironing mountain!)
- Still failing miserably at this one due to all the things going on in my life just now.
- More patience and understanding of others
- Still finding this incredibly difficult!
- I keep telling myself I must not get impatient with others, but when it comes to it, I fail miserably…much more praying for patience is required!
- Stop procrastinating
- Still doing ok with this most of the time, but ye, I do still have my moments!
So that’s my honest answers to how I’m getting on with my aims for 2012 – To summarise my progress to date…it’s stalled a bit in the last few months, but overall, given recent circumstances, I’m reasonably happy with my progress even though I could do so much better!
There’s still plenty of months to go in 2012, so I’ve still got time to achieve them all before the end of this year!
How about you, are you succeeding with your aims for 2012 so far?
Whatever your aims for this year, I pray you may be making progress in your aims for 2012, and that come the end of the year you will have achieved all God had planned for you this year!