Some things in life just aren’t important in the grand scheme of things and over these last few days, I’ve been reminded again how important it is to make sure the things that are important to you stay top od your priority list.
As I mentioned in yesterday’s blog post (in It Might Be New Year But…) that this year, 2013, hasn’t been the best for me so far. I think it’s for the reasons listed in that blog post, that I’ve reminded myself several times this year already, that I shouldn’t get too bogged down in things that in the grand scheme of things, really aren’t important.
Sometimes I think we’re all guilty of paying too much attention to what others think of us, how much (or how little) we enjoy certain activities, and of course the one that cripples us all at times, timescales and deadlines!
Here are some things to consider – I’d suggest you consider the order you would currently put these tasks, review that order, and then place them in the priority you would rally want these items to be in your life:
- Work – including overtime, timescales, deadlines
- Children – looking after them and sending quality time with them
- Religion – attend meetings and gatherings, spend “you-time” with God
- Learning – enhancing your skills so you can go further in your employment
- Possessions – constantly the wanting to be one of the first with the best items available
- Family – care and provide for them and look after them when they are ill
- Relax – spend quality time relaxing and recharging with friends/family or by yourself
- “You time” – spend time yourself doing whatever you want
I’m sure even at a quick look we can all put these items in a current priority order. But are you happy with that order?
Some of the things in the above list are not essential to achieve all you can achieve, therefore why not remove those unneeded tasks and focus only on those which will help you achieve what God wants you to achieve.
Why not make this year a year to concentrate on the important things in life and not get bogged down in trivial things, but lets keep God at the centre of all we do and out family and friends next. SO keep focused on what’s important in your life and don’t get distracted by other things.