Over the last while I’ve asked you a couple of times whether you had ever noticed how there are some things which happen in films which never ever happen in real life – today it’s time for some more examples!
Here’s a few examples which show what I’m saying:
- When paying for a taxi, don’t look at your wallet as you take out a note. Just grab one out at random and hand it over. I’ll always be the exact fare.
- All bombs are fitted with electronic timing devices with large red digital displays so you know exactly when they are going to explode.
- You always wake up with every hair in place. i.e. No “bed-head”!
- Plain girls can become movie stars simply by removing their glasses and letting their hair down.
- Many musical instruments (especially wind instruments and accordions) can be played without moving your fingers.
- It’s not necessary to say “Hello” or “Goodbye” when beginning a telephone conversation.
- A disconnected telephone call can always be restored by frantically beating the cradle and saying “Hello? Hello?” repeatedly.
- You will survive any battle in any war unless you show someone a picture of your sweetheart back home.
- All single women have a cat!
- If a microphone is turned on it will immediately feedback.
Any of these sound familiar?
Obviously these are complete generalisations because not every film follows the above rules, but I’m sure you’ll agree, you can think of a lot which do!