I’ve written a few blog posts in the last while where I’ve asked you whether you had ever noticed how there are some things which happen in films which never ever happen in real life – today it’s time for some more examples of this!
- Creepy music coming from a graveyard should always be closely investigated on your own
- You should always go out alone a car in a thunderstorm, especially if you’re looking for someone
- Cars will explode instantly when struck by a single bullet
- Prostitutes always look like Julia Roberts or Jamie Lee Curtis
- No matter how savagely a spaceship is attacked, its internal gravity system is never damaged
- All food shopping will include the purchase of at least one French loaf which will be carried in open brown paper bag
- Prostitutes always have expensive clothes and a nice flat/house, but no pimps
- If being chased through a city you can usually take cover in a passing parade – no matter what time of year it is, there’s always a parade!
- Megalomaniacs always use complicated devices incorporating fuses, pulleys, deadly gases, lasers or man-eating sharks
- Prostitutes are friendly with the shopkeepers in their neighbourhood who don’t mind at all what they do for a living.
Any of these sound familiar?
Obviously these are complete generalisations because not every film follows the above rules, but I’m sure you’ll agree, you can think of a lot which do!