Pray without ceasing. 1 Thessalonians 5:17
I’ve shared a number of prayer quotes with you in the past, so today I have a few more for you:
- “Prayer does not influence God. Prayer surely does influence God. It influence His purpose. It does influence His action.” S.D. Gordon
- “Prayer is the greatest of all forces, because it honors God and brings him into active aid.” E.M. Bounds
- “We can do nothing without prayer. All things can be done by importunate prayer. That is the teaching of Jesus Christ” E. M. Bounds
- “The secret of all failure is our failure in secret prayer.” The Kneeling Christian
- “…True prayer is measured by weight, not by length. A single groan before God may have more fullness of prayer in it than a fine oration of great length.” C. H. Spurgeon
- When prayer has become secondary, or incidental, it has lost its power. Those who are conspicuously men of prayer are those who use prayer as they use food, or air, or light, or money.” M.E. Andross
- “Our prayers lay the track down which God’s power can come. Like a mighty locomotive, his power is irresistible, but it cannot reach us without rails.” Watchman Nee
- “Prayer is the secret of power.” Evan Roberts
- “I have seen many men work without praying, though I have never seen any good come out of it; but I have never seen a man pray without working.” James Hudson Taylor
- “Prayer will make a man cease from sin, or sin will entice a man to cease from prayer.” John Bunyon
So why have I been passing on all these quotes about prayer? Well, I think I’ve said to you before, but I make no apology for saying again, that prayer must be at the centre of your Christian life. Without prayer, we cannot be living as Christ wants and needs us to.
Pray now. Pray later. Pray always.