It can often be the little things that we do for others that can mean the biggest to someone else.
- A phone call/email/text to ask how someone is feeling or to say you missed them today
- An arm round someone’s shoulder to offer reassurance
- A word of welcome to visitors
- Offer of support to someone in time of difficulty
- A phone call/email/text to say you missed them today
I’m sure you can think of many other “little things” we can do to offer support and encouragement to others.
Do you think when we do these “small things” can make a big difference to recipient? I do!
I have been both a giver and a recipient of some of the “small things” I’ve mentioned above. When I was the recipient I cannot find the words required to tell you just how much the supposedly small thing meant to me, as they often raised my spirits at a time when I felt everything was going wrong in my life. When I’ve been the giver, I also have been aware of just how much those small acts can mean, as I have seen the appreciation and sometimes also relief in the recipients eyes and/or voice, and that is a great feeling for the giver as well as the recipient!
Go on, make someone’s day today, even if it’s just a little thing it may well mean the world to the recipient.