So we’re almost at the end of 2012. I don’t know about you, but this year seems to be over nearly as soon as it began! I know some will tell me that’s a sign of getting old, but I refuse to believe that, as I think it’s simply been because there’s been so much going on in my life this year…again.
It’s been another tough year for me:
- Supporting my hubby as his health has deteriorated
- Supporting my Mum for the first half of the year while she struggled to continue to look after and care for my Dad at home as his dementia worsened
- Supporting Mum in the second half of the year as Dad first of all was in hospital for over 10 weeks and then moved into a local nursing home
- Visiting my aunt who has been living in a care home for over 2 years and who reached the grand age of 90 in October
- Various trips to A&E with my hubby , my Dad and my aunt – and of course they were all long waits, and sometimes during the night
- Hubby’s retirement – which looking back on things was the best thing he could have done given how his health has deteriorated since he finished working
- Several family bereavements
- On-going health issues of my own
In amongst all that I’ve managed to keep working full-time, and unbelievably haven’t been off sick all year! Not quite sure how I managed that as there were some days when my pain levels were so severe I really don’t know how I managed to get through the day at work, but obviously I managed it somehow!
Anyway, enough about my year. I hope that whatever this year has brought you, good or bad, you will have made the most of your time with your friends and family as we never know what tomorrow will bring. I pray that you may have felt God‘s blessings on you during this year, and as we look ahead to 2013 you may go forward with confidence that whatever situations you have to deal with, God is by your side not just during this Christmas season, but all year-long.
All Year Long by Michael W Smith
This Christmas season I wish you joy
The wonder in every girl and boy
I wish you gladness, the warmth and cheer
Of good friends and family gathered near
May children’s laughter in falling snow
Rekindle those sweet scenes from long ago
May every carol, each candle bright
Remind you why angels sang that night
If trouble finds you, this is my prayer
May peace come into your hearts and make you strong
And I wish you luck, the kind to last all year-long