As we enter the last few hours of 2021, I’m sure many us will start to not only look forward to 2022 in the hope of it being a brighter, happier year, but will also spent time reflecting on all that has happened in the world and to ourselves in what has been another difficult year.
I can’t comment on your 2021, but I can help you reflect on your relationship with God in this last year. I can help you do that by asking you a few questions, which, if you answer honestly, may help you better understand your relationship with God in 2021.
So here’s the questions, in no particular order:
- It’s been another difficult year for us all because of the ongoing COVID pandemic, so during these (and other) difficult times this year, was your first course of action to turn to God, or did you wait until he was your last resort, or did you ignore Him completely?
- Following on from the first question is this, have you prayed regularly each day of 2021?
- Have you read your bible daily, and turned to it for words of wisdom and guidance?
- Have you listened to God when he has been trying to speak to you this year?
- Have you said ‘yes’ to all God has asked you to do, without any conditions, and without hesitation?
- Have you shared God’s message of love and forgiveness with others this year?
- Have you recognised your failures and asked God to forgive you?
- And finally has God been at the centre of all you’ve done in 2021?
How did you get on answering those questions, did you surprise yourself with your answers when you answered them honestly? For each of us I’m sure we wish we could honestly answer ‘yes’ to each of those questions, however the important thing is that we recognise that we are not perfect, and that we can do so much more to be more like Christ.
Thankfully, regardless of our answers to these questions, we can continue to ask God to help us become a better version of us, so that this time next year, we can say ‘yes’ to more of the above questions. So as 2021 draws to a close, I pray that each of us asks God to draw closer to us in the coming months in the knowledge that He is all we need.
You're all I want You're all I've ever needed You're all I want Help me know you are near