In Relationships #1 and Relationship #2 I indicated that during my wanderings through the internet, I’d come across a lot of statements and quotes about relationships. So it time to share some more of my favourites:
- Don’t choose the one who is beautiful to the world, choose the one who makes your world beautiful.
- If you speak when you are very angry, you’ll make the best speech you’ll ever regret.
- Respect is earned, honesty is appreciated, trust is gained, and loyalty is returned.
- A real person is not perfect, and a perfect person is not real.
- Just because you have a past with someone, doesn’t mean you should have a future with them.
- If a friend is in trouble, don’t bother them by asking if there is anything you can do. Think of something appropriate and do it.
- There are times when family are like strangers, and strangers are like family. Both sets of people are priceless.
- In disagreements with loved ones, deal only with the current situation. Don’t bring up the past.
- Don’t try to be everything to everyone. Be everything to someone.
- Never waste a moment, it may be the last with someone you love.
My personal favourite is #10 as sadly I know from experience that it can be heartbreaking when you lose someone close to you, when you realise how long it is since you last told them you love them. So never take those you love for granted, as you never know the last time you will see/speak to those you love.