In Relationships #1, #2 and #3 I indicated that during my wanderings through the internet, I’d come across a lot of statements and quotes about relationships. So it time to share some more of my favourites:
- A silent hug means a thousand words to the unhappy heart.
- Some relationships are like glass. It’s better to leave it broken, than to hurt yourself more by trying to put it back together.
- Just because it didn’t last forever, doesn’t mean it wasn’t worth your while.
- Give, but don’t allow yourself to be used. Listen to others, but don’t lose your own voice.
- As we grow up, we realize it becomes less important to have more friends and more important to have real ones.
- No relationship is a waste of time. The wrong ones teach you the lessons that prepare you for the right ones.
- Don’t try to be everything to everyone. Be everything to someone.
- If a relationship has to be a secret, you shouldn’t be in it.
- Be the friend that you want to have.
- Sometimes it is better to be kind than to be right. We do not always need an intelligent mind that speaks, just a patient heart that listens.
My personal favourites are #7 and #9 – #7 just because it is so special to have someone there for you, just when you need it most, and #9 because I think that’s an excellent reminder to us that if we wouldn’t be friends with ourselves, how can we expect anyone else to want to be friends with us?!
So be someone’s everything by being the kind of friend to them that you yourself would love to have.