In Relationships #1, #2, #3, #4 and #5, I indicated that during my wanderings through the internet, I’d come across a lot of statements and quotes about relationships. So it time to share some more of my favourites:
- Fall in love when you’re ready, not when you’re lonely.
- Don’t mess with someone’s feelings just because you’re unsure of yours.
- Love doesn’t hurt. Lying, cheating and messing with people’s feelings and emotions hurts.
- Jealousy is the art of counting someone else blessings instead of your own. Don’t waste your time on jealousy. The only person you’re competing against is yourself.
- Don’t ever change just to impress someone. Change because it makes you a better person and leads you to a better future.
- Your job won’t take care of you when you are sick. Your friends will. Stay in touch.
- If you love someone, tell them. Forget about the rules or the fear of looking ridiculous. What is really ridiculous is passing up on an opportunity to tell someone that your heart is invested in them.
- Never stop doing little things for others. Sometimes those little things occupy the biggest part of their hearts.
- The best portion of your life will be the small, nameless moments you spend smiling with someone who matters to you.
- When someone gives you their time, they are giving you a portion of their life that they will never get back. It’s one of
the most precious gifts you can receive. Don’t waste it.
My personal favourite is #8, because often those small seemingly insignificant acts of kindness and be the huge significant act of love that someone was needing to life their spirits.
I hope that whatever loses you may have faced, you have become stronger for them and have been able to move forward with your life.